- [Editor’s note: the following article was published on June 27, 2011 around the time of the events recorded below. Though the incidents listed and described are years past, the central message remains relevant].
June 11, 2011 saw one more parade to glorify the vice of homosexuality. Dubbed, Europride or Eurogaypride, it was held in Rome, once known as the Eternal City, the center of Catholicism. The expression, “homosexual pride” summarizes the essence of the homosexual ideology. Let us see how.
Pride and Revolt Against God
Sin is a revolt against the order established by God and, therefore, a revolt against the Creator Himself. The more this revolt becomes manifest, the greater is the sin.
Man can sin out of weakness and feel shame for his sin and desire to make amends; or he can sin with special malice and take pride in his sin. In this case, revolt against the Creator becomes more manifest; for, as Saint Thomas says, “[it] is characteristic of pride to be unwilling to be subject to any superior, and especially to God.”1
For this reason, the holy Doctor presents “pride or self-love as the beginning of every evil.”2 According to Scripture, “pride is the beginning of all sin.”3
Pride, the Sin of Lucifer
Theologians commonly believe that the sin of Lucifer and of the evil angels was one of pride. Indeed, having no physical body, they could not be carried away by concupiscence as with man. Therefore, their sin had to be one of the spirit.
Two passages from Scripture are usually mentioned to describe this sin. The first is from Isaias:
How have you fallen from the heavens, O morning star [Lucifer],4 son of the dawn! How are you cut down to the ground, you who mowed down the nations! You said in your heart: “I will scale the heavens; Above the stars of God I will set up my throne; I will take my seat on the Mount of Assembly, in the recesses of the North. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will be like the Most High!”5
The second is from Prophet Jeremias:
Long ago you broke your yoke, you tore off your bonds, and you said: I will not serve.6
The Homosexual Ideology’s Luciferian Pride
To take pride in practicing the homosexual vice and to proclaim this in public in the streets and squares of the world’s leading cities is a sin of the spirit, a challenge to the Law of God. It is a denial of reality as such and an adhesion to a utopia and to a pathological fantasy.
It is a manifestation of Lucifer’s pride and a repetition of his desperate cry of revolt, “I will not serve.”
Hatred of the Catholic Church
Let us return to Rome’s “Europride.” Italian newspapers and Internet blogs published hundreds of photos from the march. What stands out most—even more than the wild display of lust and the semi-naked bodies and obscene postures and gestures—is the hatred shown against the Catholic Church.
A homosexual sacrilegiously presented himself posing as Our Lord Jesus Christ in dark glasses.
The offenses against the Sovereign Pontiff could not be more vile: a large banner at the front of the march showed a photomontage depicting the Pope with woman’s hair, wearing socks and skimpy lingerie. Below, the words, “[She] wears Prada but is a friend of Satan.”7
Another banner showed a cartoon of Benedict XVI wearing a Nazi medal, holding a crosier with the Nazi symbol, and below the words, “Nazinger [Nazi+Ratzinger] attacks gays.” Another banner read, “Ratzinger, love your neighbor but not as Hitler.” And yet another, “Real Hell: The Vatican, mental Guantanamo.”
Many homosexuals dressed up as bishops or priests in a ridiculous and debauched manner.
Destruction of the Notion of Good and Evil
During the parade, the denial of all morality came across not just through the general in-your-face sexual license but also in scenes such as that reported on under the title, “Rome’s Europride amid Angels, Devils and Spouses,” by Italy’s ANSA News Agency. It carried a picture of two men kissing, one dressed as a devil, with horns and a trident and the other like a good angel, with white wings and halo.8
The kissing “devil” and “angel” aptly represent the ultimate goal of the homosexual ideology: the complete denial of the difference between good and evil, right and wrong. Freed from morals and reason, man’s will shall become the only rule; good will simply mean what gives pleasure to our instincts and senses; and evil, anything that crosses us.
“Woe to Those Who Call Evil Good and Good Evil”
Does this not remind us of the Prophet Sophonias and his rebuke to those “that say in their hearts: The Lord will not do good, nor will he do evil”?9
Unto them is the warning of the Prophet Isaias: “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness.”10
Here is where the satanic pride of the homosexual ideology leads us: it transforms light into darkness and darkness into light and wants to impose this darkness on the world, through the dictatorship of law and the propaganda coming from liberal media.
1. Summa Theologica, I-II, q. 84, a. 2, ad 2. See also: Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, Revolution and Counter-Revolution, Chap. VII, 3, at http://www.tfp.org/tfp-home/books/revolution-and-counter-revolution.html.
2. Ibid., ad 3.
3. Ecclesiasticus [Sirach]:10:15.
4. St. Jerome translated “morning star” into Latin as Lucifer, following the Greek translation of the Hebrew made by the Seventy: “phophorós”, light bearer.
7. We use “she” because the original Italian says “amica”, girl friend, and not “amico,” boy friend. “Il fotomontaggio del Papa in mutande e reggicalze. E, sotto, la scritta: ‘Veste Prada ma è amica di Satana.’” Grazia Maria Coletti, “Lady Gaga lo ringrazia Alemanno fischiato Europride, comizio della popstar al circo Massimo. Al corteo fotomontaggi del Papa in reggicalze” in Il Tempo, June 12, 2011, 05:30, at http://www.iltempo.it/politica/2011/06/12/1264536-lady_gaga_ringrazia_alemanno_fischiato.shtml?refresh_ce
8. ANSA, “Europride a Roma tra Angeli, diavoli e spose,” Updated: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:16:00 GMT, at http://notizie.it.msn.com/fotostory/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=158209692&page=14.