Netflix has resurrected a series titled Lucifer which centers around the devil as a "likeable" character and victim of an "overbearing" God. According to reports about the film:
- "Lucifer Morningstar" (the devil) is portrayed as "charming, charismatic and devilishly handsome";
- Lucifer is described as "the son of God";
- One female character is described as being the "ex-wife of Lucifer's dad" (i.e., the ex-wife of God);
- In the show, Lucifer refers to God thus: "Hey, he's my father, not yours. I can say whatever I want about the guy. I quit Hell because I was sick and tired of playing a part in Dad's plan. I believe in free will, not the tyranny of all his predestination hoo-ha";
- Lucifer continues: "Do you think I'm the devil because I'm inherently evil or simply because dear ol' Dad decided I was?";
- Clips show plenty of gyrating, scantily clad dancers, sexual innuendos, glorify a party lifestyle;
- Lucifer is portrayed as a fun loving young man while God and his angels are seen as apathetic and arbitrary. (Sources: ChristianNews.net; TV-Calling.com)
This is a disfigurement of God's order and reverses the roles of good and evil that God condemned: "Woe to you that call evil good, and good evil: that put darkness for light, and light for darkness..." (Isaias, 5:20) Please sign our petition, urging Netflix to cancel this blasphemous series.
Sign your petition now!
Signature Goal: 150,000
Old Goal: 20,000 , 30,000 , 50,000 , 75,000 , 100,000New Signature Goal: 150,000