The blasphemous book The Testament of Mary by Colm Toibin is being distributed by Simon & Schuster, Inc., and must be stopped!
In the 96 page novella is offensive to Christians by re-interpreting the Gospel events as false. The story is given from the point of view of “Mary,” who hates her Son’s teaching and His followers. According to Media Research Center’s press report:
- an alienated Mary flees the scene of her Son’s death in fear for her own life
- Mary’s Son’s preaching sounded to her “false, and his tone all stilted, and I could not bear to hear him, it was like something grinding and it set my teeth on edge.”
- Mary proclaims of the death of Jesus only that “when you say that he redeemed the world, I will say that it was not worth it. It was not worth it.”
- Mary is filled with bitterness and rage
- Mary describes herself as “unhinged” and bubbling with contempt for her Son’s demented followers, to the extreme that she threatens the Gospel writers with a knife
- Mary lives as a bandit, stealing to survive
- Mary’s point of view is that her Son’s followers must be stopped from making Jesus a god, “or else everything that happened will become a sweet story that will grow poisonous as bright berries that hang low on trees.”
Public blasphemy demands public reparation!